Manager Kitchen Services/Turtle Island/Cedar Express
Kitchen Services/Turtle Island/Cedar Express
Tuesday-Saturday Primarily Days (Flexibility Required)
# of Vacancies:
September 15, 2017
November 05, 2017
How to Apply:
Apply online through ICIMS Career Portal
"This is a Non-Bargaining Unit position; Applications from all internal applicants are welcome and will be considered and reviewed".
The Kitchen Services, Turtle Island (employee cafeteria) and Cedar Express Teams are integral parts in the success of our Food and Beverage operations here at Casino Rama Resort. We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person who possesses demonstrated management experience within a similar role/working environment to lead these departments. The successful candidate must be passionate about cleaning, and is a leader who is very disciplined about order and structure.
- Oversees all Kitchen Services functions and management of the employee cafeteria as well as the Cedar Express Outlet
- Provides leadership to engage, motivate and develop all C.R.E.W. members of these teams
- Works closely with all food and beverage departments to ensure appropriate levels of wares are available at all times and provides the highest possible cleanliness and hygiene in all of the resorts food processing facilities and operating equipment in accordance with policy and regulatory standards
- Is one of the key leaders on the resorts re-cycling program who will be very focused on waste diversion particularly as it relates to food and beverage
- Oversees all aspects of the employee dining facility (Turtle Island Café) which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Oversees all aspects of an express café offering a variety of pastries, light food items and a variety of beverages
- Monitors daily operations to ensure compliance with regulations and internal standards, policies and procedures. Reviews and makes recommendations for changes or creation of policies or procedures as required.
- Is experienced in the knowledge of the chemicals required for cleaning and sanitizing and has had previous experience on the use of commercial dish washing equipment
- Promotes a healthy and safe working environment at all times
- Must have the skill and ability to ensure the entire core Food and beverage operating supplies IE. China, Glass, flatware, Chemicals are ordered to our required par stock levels. Conducts periodic inventories of equipment to ensure appropriate levels of equipment are maintained
- Collaborates with Culinary and Banquet C.R.E.W. members to conduct inventory review and to develop strategies to minimize the loss/breakage of silverware, china and glassware
- Leads the Food and beverage team in research for new and better china, glass and flatware ideas looking at durability, creativity, and cost effectiveness.
- Conducts daily inspection for quality of the cleaning and maintenance of all areas and equipment ensuring adherence to regulations, standards and policies.
- Leads and engages C.R.E.W. members through all aspects of performance through ongoing coaching, feedback and development to motivate engage and drive high performing teams
- Collaborates with Human Resources to develop recruitment plans based on labor needs, participates in internal and external job candidate selection, including screening, conducting interviews, testing and related activities. Authorizes all hiring/promotional decisions, ensuring compliance with all related policies and regulations
- Promotes and models the highest level of customer service particularly for our internal customer, ensuring that C.R.E.W. members deliver a maximum level of service and customer satisfaction is achieved and maintained. Works quickly to resolve customer complaints
- Responds to and resolves C.R.E.W. questions/concerns and address operational issues
- Ability to perform internal audits to ensure all food and beverage areas are being kept to the federal department of health standard, ensuring there are no forms of contamination or contraventions of the health department guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 5+ years working experience in a leadership role
- Proven previous experience in a Stewarding Management capacity is an asset
- Relevant post-secondary education (business, hospitality)
- Experience managing a workgroup of 50+ employees within a Unionized working environment an asset
- Demonstrated experience providing excellent employee relations with co-workers
- Strong ability to effectively manage labour in a changing environment
- Strong communication skills, oral and written
- Proficient computer knowledge including working with MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Able to work all shifts in a fast paced environment
Must have attained/or have the ability to attain prior to their start date the proof of completion certificate for the on-line Supervisor Health & Safety Awareness in 5 Steps program offered through the Ontario Ministry of Labour
Hours of work:
Flexibility in a 24 hour, 7 day a week operation is required at all times; however, this position will be primarily scheduled during the day with expectations to be present on other shifts for business reasons.
All employees at Casino Rama are expected to:
- Comply with the duties of workers or supervisors, as prescribed by Section 27 or 28 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Comply with all applicable Casino Rama Occupational Health and Safety policies, procedures and protocols.
- Demonstrate a positive health and safety attitude to ensure Casino Rama Resort continuously provides a safe entertainment destination for patrons and co-workers.
Casino Rama is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive environment by providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Recruitment and hiring processes will be modified to accommodate any disabilities, if requested.