Beverage Server - CONTRACT
Day - Wednesday/Thursday OFF, No Core Shifts
Start Rate:$12.20; 1800 Hour Rate:$12.20; 3600 Hour Rate:$12.98
# of Vacancies:
February 15, 2018
February 22, 2018
How to Apply:
Apply online through ICIMS Career Portal
IMPORTANT: Bargaining unit members will be considered first for this position. Successful applicant must possess the skill, ability and knowledge required to perform this position.
In the role of Beverage Server, this exciting and dynamic position provides a high level of customer service to our guests and ultimately assists our team's goal of creating a welcoming atmosphere that will bring our patrons back time after time. If you enjoy and have proven beverage service experience then we are interested in hearing from you!
- Take beverage orders from patrons and serve drinks;
- Maintain cash float and complete cash transactions with accuracy;
- Complete cleaning duties of work areas and equipment as assigned;
- Maintain a professional appearance as per company grooming policy;
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, positive demeanor and service etiquette at all times;
- Directly or indirectly provide for superior customer service and promote excellent employee relations with co-workers;
- Assist with problem solving any potential guest or crew complaints and alert management on issues that need further follow up;
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of beverage knowledge;
- Comply with Liquor License Act and adhere to all Casino Rama Policies and Procedures;
- Maintain a professional appearance adhering to company and department grooming policy;
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Previous serving and up-selling experience in a fast paced environment preferred
- Ability to use P.O.S (Point of Sale) and tender own transactions with accuracy;
- Reliable and dependable work ethic;
- Excellent verbal English communication skills; Ability to read and write in English;
- Excellent time management skills; must have the ability to multi-task in a busy, fast paced work environment;
- Must be able to push and pull a loaded beverage cart 5–20 lbs. force; frequent lifting of trays 2-25 lbs.; occasional lifting of water cases 35 lbs.;
- Must be able to withstand frequent use of hands, wrists, arms, shoulders and back to grip, carry, lift, balance and extend in order to provide service;
- Ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods (regular work shift 8 hours);
- Ability to approach and engage customers without interfering with their gaming experience;
- Must have or be able to acquire Smart Serve certification;
- Must be able to acquire and maintain AGCO licensing;
All employees at Casino Rama are expected to:
- Comply with the duties of workers or supervisors, as prescribed by Section 27 or 28 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Comply with all applicable Casino Rama Occupational Health and Safety policies, procedures and protocols.
- Demonstrate a positive health and safety attitude to ensure Casino Rama continuously provides a safe entertainment destination for patrons and co-workers.
Casino Rama is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive environment by providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Recruitment and hiring processes will be modified to accommodate disabilities, if requested.