Table Games Dealer
Start Rate:$14.00; 1800 Hour Rate:$14.00; 3600 Hour Rate:$14.94
# of Vacancies:
April 3, 2018
May 3, 2018
How to Apply:
Apply online through ICIMS Career Portal
IMPORTANT: Bargaining unit members will be considered first for this position. Successful applicant must possess the skill, ability and knowledge required to perform this position.
Casino Rama's Table Games Dealer position offers the opportunity for individuals who thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment to create memorable customer service experiences.
If you are looking to learn a new skill and start an exciting career, this is an opportunity you don’t want to miss! Dealing excitement begins with your people skills and enthusiasm.
- This position will be for overnight shifts (2230-0630)
- Average toke rate (tip) for 2017 was $8.80/hour on top of the hourly wage
- Paid training & uniform included
- On shift meal provided in our staff cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- 30 minute paid breaks every 90 minutes (lunch break is unpaid)
- Free shuttle bus from Downtown Orillia
- Provides superior customer service, positively effects interactions with customers and employees, and has the resiliency to deal with difficult customers in all types of business conditions and the ability to work harmoniously with coworkers.
- Provides prompt, accurate, and courteous service to players, utilizing the highest degree of technical skill in dealing while adhering to gaming regulations, established standard policies and procedures including being able to recognize responsible gaming behaviors.
- As called upon, explains aspects of various games to patrons.
- Maintains familiarity with other gaming and entertainment/service activities for the guests, in order to provide information and correct answers to questions.
- Maintains an intimate and sound understanding of all standards, policies, and procedures, including general policies and procedures of the Gaming Operations.
- Exchange paper currency for playing chips, ensure that wagers are placed before game begins, compute payable odds to winning bets and pay winning bets and collect losing bet and ensures all gaming assets are secure.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have the mathematical aptitude and dexterity to deal games with a high level of proficiency.
- Must offer the highest possible level of customer service resulting in a maximum level of player enjoyment and return play.
- Must be a team player and work well with direct supervision.
- Must successfully pass testing after completion of the Table Game Training Program.
- Must be able to gain and maintain a Gaming License. Job offer is conditional upon the successful application a Casino license with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario ($165 application fee which is reimbursed after a probationary period of 450 hours or at end of contract)
- Must be able to speak and understand the English language; must continuously communicate with professionalism and accuracy in order to ensure game integrity and protection, and to effectively engage in constant interaction with guests.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and overnight shifts.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and perform tasks with arm, wrist and hand which includes reaching and bending.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
- Must have superior customer service skills
- Must be capable of passing a Table Games test within 8 weeks of the conditional job offer
Each Job offer is conditional upon the following:
Obtaining a Gaming License (Category 2) with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario ($165 application fee which is reimbursed after completion of the probationary period) two weeks prior to training start date, AND
Attending a three (3) week training program and successfully pass Table Games Tests. You must attend all training days. If you do not pass this training program you will be unable to continue employment as a Table Games Dealer. The training will be held at Casino Rama immediately following the company on-boarding program.
This training will commence following two (2) days of orientation and will run from May 18-June 6, 2018. The training sessions will be 8:00am-4:00pm with Monday/Tuesday off.
Table Games Training Program:
Candidates, who are conditionally offered, will spend up to two days in a company on-boarding program followed by the three week Table Games Training Program. This training program runs from Wednesday-Sunday, 8:00am to 4:00pm. Candidates will be paid an hourly rate (tokes are not included during the training period).
We are seeking up to 20 candidates to start on each of the following dates:
- May 16, 2018
- June 6, 2018
All employees at Casino Rama are expected to:
- Comply with the duties of workers or supervisors, as prescribed by Section 27 or 28 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Comply with all applicable Casino Rama Occupational Health and Safety policies, procedures and protocols.
- Demonstrate a positive health and safety attitude to ensure Casino Rama continuously provides a safe entertainment destination for patrons and co-workers.
Casino Rama is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive environment by providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Recruitment and hiring processes will be modified to accommodate any disabilities, if requested.
To ensure that Casino Rama Resort is compliant with Provincial Regulations governing the age that you are able to enter/access a casino, no individuals that are under the age of nineteen (19) are permitted to access the Gaming Floor unless explicit approval has been received (i.e. hired as an employee). As such, we must conduct all interviews and meetings with applicant that are eighteen (18) years of age in either Casino Rama Resorts hotel or Kinoomaagewgamig Gii Teg (Administration Building). If this applies to you, please ensure that you are notifying the Recruiter associated with this job posting at the time of being offered to meet or being scheduled for an interview.